Monday, May 25, 2020

100wc



I made my way down the river track for the seventh time this evening. I was exhausted and grief-stricken, but I was not going to stop. Not until I found her, I could not and would not. “ARF ARF ARF” my heart leaped and my walk broke into a jog.”ARF ARF ARF”. I called out for Alfie. “Alifie where are you boy”. “AROO”. He was howling now, I followed his bark now running.”ALIFIE!” I turned a corner and saw him. “Alifie” I breathed. I looked behind him, there she was, her dress  covered in dirt and blood.  “Oh Alifie.”

 

  

 

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautifully written piece Olive, a heart warming reunion indeed. We so often read about dogs being faithful and helping to find someone and you have captured this moment so well. I do wonder what trauma 'she' has encountered.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jackie (Team 100WC)
    New Plymouth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie,
      thank you so much for your really lovely comment I quite enjoyed writing this 100wc

      From Olive :)

      Delete